Landscape mulching isn’t just aesthetically pleasing – it is also very beneficial for your trees, plants, and flower gardens. Mulch is spread on the soil’s surface to help protect roots from the heat, cold, and summer droughts. It also provides nutrients to plants as it decomposes, improves the soil’s structure, helps control weeds, and conserves water in your flower beds.
Here are some additional benefits of bed mulching:
- It inhibits weed germination and growth. Weeds are not only unsightly, but they also steal resources from desirable garden plants.
- It helps hold in soil moisture to protect your plants from drying out quickly.
- It moderates soil-temperature fluctuations. This benefit is especially valuable during that turbulent weather period in the early spring when you don’t want your plants to be stressed.
- In cold-winter areas, landscape mulching protects plant roots from the cold weather in the winter and helps prevent frost-heaving. Frost heaving occurs when plants are literally pushed out of the ground by the natural expansion and contraction of the soil as it cools off and heats up.
- In hot-summer areas, mulching can help keep plant roots cooler.
- Depending on what you use, it can also add a bit of welcomed nutrition to your garden as it breaks down.
Schedule your landscape mulching clean-up services with our Summer Special, staring at only $200 – clean-up services include removing the weeds we can see and applying a treatment for the ones we can’t. We use a Texas hardwood based mulch and you can choose either black or brown for your color options.
Give us a call at 512-990-2199 or Click Here to complete the online request form and schedule your free estimate