It’s been a hot, dry Central Texas summer for us and our lawns
Revive your lawn with the nutrients it needs…with an easy game of Turf Ker-Plunk.
Unfamiliar with the game Ker-Plunk? No worries, we’ll give you a quick overview.
One by one, each player takes a turn removing a stick, hoping that the balls above the sticks stay in place. Every ball that slips through on your turn is counted against you.
Well, in Turf Ker-Plunk, the balls represent air, water and nutrients, sitting above the surface of your lawn.
We’re going to release those nutrients down into your soil.
Turf Ker-Plunk Step 1 – Remove the obstacles to create a pathway for air, water and nutrients.
Image credit: Flickr User Daniel Mee
Liquid Aeration (New!) is an innovative application that creates tiny tunnels in your soil, overcoming the obstacles of thatch and/or hard, cracked soil (without damaging sprinkler heads or leaving lawn plugs behind).
- Liquid aeration penetrates further into your soil, producing a deeper, thicker root system
- Each additional application builds upon the last application, increasing the effectiveness of future aerations
- Fertilization and weed applications are absorbed incrementally better
Turf Ker-Plunk Step 2 – Replenish parched soil to create a lush, green lawn.
Once those obstacles are removed, let those nutrients fall! Our slow-release granular fertilizer will rejuvenate your turf with what it needs to thrive…and, thanks to aeration, can now go further into the soil.
- Organic matter will help sustain vital microbial activity below the lawn surface
- Minimal surge growth means less mowing for you
- Fall pre-emergent treatments for weed prevention
- Spot treatment of all broadleaf weeds, insect and disease activity ensures that your turf can establish strong, thick roots
Image credit: ALittleCraftinYourDay.com
*please note, we don’t begin aerations until the temperatures drop below 90 degrees to ensure the most effective application.**
- Don’t worry, there are no annual contracts (and you can pay-as-you-go)
- Our local charm will come through every phone call and lawn application
- We provide free service calls between our scheduled visits (for those with 6+ applications)
That’s why the NextDoor App is exploding with referrals for Emerald Lawns.
We’ll help make your lawn healthy, green and weed-free!
“I wanted to let y’all know that the big brown swath of grass in the backyard has miraculously recovered after fertilizing treatment!”
For 13 years, we’ve cared for each lawn like our own. Because we live here, too. (You can read more of our story here.)